Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tropical Tuesday

It's a beautiful day in south Florida, I'd love to be getting a sun tan but instead I'm getting an education. Today I met with an advisor to talk about nursing prerequisite and summer classes. Last year I took the whole summer off so I have to take a few this summer to catch up. I still have lots of classes to take even though most of my gen-Ed classes are  complete. This summer I plan on knocking out anatomy 2, lab, trig and one of the required nursing classes.


For lunch Chris and I went to the Tropical Smoothie Cafe that just opened around here. I've been a fan of Tropical Smoothie for a few years but there wasn't one local until now! I was so happy when I heard they're located 2 minutes away from campus.

I ordered the 1/2 chicken sandwich with the pineapple delight smoothie, and Chris ordered the Jamaican jerk wrap. I was almost fooled by the menu because I ordered my smoothie thinking it had only 250 calories but at the bottom it says "if made with Splenda." I asked the cashier to clarify and she explained you have to say with Splenda or else it would be a lot more calories.Good thing I double checked with her! That's why it's so important to be sure of what you are really ordering when you eat out!


We both sampled each others meal and shared the smoothie. Both options were tasty and not too big, I felt satisfied but not too full so, the perfect size.

It's nice to have a go-to eat out place. I can only name a few that I am comfortable with. This can be an issue with my boyfriend Chris. He's the complete opposite when it comes to food but we're both picky so when we decide on a place its a miracle!

What are your go-to restaurants?