Monday, January 23, 2012

Pilates Take 2!

First off I have to show off my new tea cup. My favorite one shattered all over the road when my mom forgot she had it on top of the car and drove off. This was very upsetting when she told me, but my grandma gave me a new one that's even better haha here it is:



I also forgot to mention how sore I was from kickboxing! My entire back felt it the next morning but I ran regardless. Today I knew I needed to stretch out all my muscles so when I saw there was a Pilate's class at 8:15 I signed up right away. I woke up to my 6:00 am internal alarm clock and had some coffee. I had time to fit in a 30 minute cardio session on the elliptical then went into the class.

The Pilate's class was very different from the one I took at the studio. This one was free because I am a member of the gym. At my gym we do not have Pilate machines so it was all body weight and we used a roller in ways I never have before.

While working the core we were working the legs too. Lots of leg circles and butt-ups that really had my legs and glutes screaming! It was a very calm class though no one was screaming over an intercom, no loud music. It was super relaxing. I was able to focus on my breathing and my core muscles much more than at the other Pilate's class!

I am so happy I took this class, it made me really enjoy Pilate's. We finished up with the roller, I think I rolled my entire body with that thing. I usually use it on my knees but we rolled our back (so good), arms, legs, and glutes!

For breakfast I had 1 egg and egg whites, I paired it with my new favorite cracker! The flax crackers Ener-G sent me. They're a perfect snack for anytime of day. They're a new product that's gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and yeast-free crackers made with rice flour and flax meal. Oh and 10 crackers are only 90 calories! 


Perfect crackers!