Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony 2012

 This morning I woke up and followed my usual routine of going to the gym, eating and planning my day. Out of nowhere my stomach began hurting so I thought I'd take a nap. I couldn't sleep so I logged on Facebook and other social media sites to find Kony plastered all over the place.


It seemed like a coincidence that Chris and I were just watch the movie Blood Diamond which sheds light on the child soldiers in Africa. I clicked on the video to find out more information, and felt I had to share.

After watching the video I thought of  all the things I take for granted and how blessed I am to have this life I am living. Everyone struggles with one thing or another but when you take a step back and look at the big picture, things could be much worse.


As a child I was always told by my parents how lucky I am to live in America and have the opportunity I am given. At times it becomes so normal that you forget what its like in other countries where they are not so lucky and for this reason I am spreading awareness to you all.

So lets make Kony famous for the destruction he has caused because no child should live in fear.
This is the link to watch the video, take the time and watch it.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kony2012/kony.html