Saturday, December 24, 2011

Not so merry morning

Yes, it is only 9:17 am but 4 hours ago I woke up to Chris trying to cuddle with me...this NEVER happens! I am always the one up at the crack of dawn while he can sleep all day long. Last night we both fell asleep super early so that kind of explains it but anyways I had planned a nice 6 mile run but with second I walked out the door the rain began. Instead of risking more injury to my ankles I decided to go to the gym instead.

At the gym I hit the free weights; shoulders, bicep and triceps. Twenty minutes on the elliptical and some abs. At this point I was in no mood to workout, the rain must have only been 1 cloud hovering over me since it cleared up immediately after I entered the gym. I quickly lost interest in my workout (1 and a half hours in ) so here I am home, upset about my morning!

Lets talk about food 


Yesterday was somewhat triggering for me, I knew I'd eaten way too much but felt hungry all day, which was the worst part. So today I am determined to stick to a clean meal plan.

Breakfast

  • 1/2 cup of my breakfast shake ( 1/2 scoop of protein, water and 1/2 scoop of Lichi meal replacement) 
  • 1 piece of toast with almond butter 
  • 4 prunes 
  • 1 cup of coffee 
  • Total calories: about 400 

Hopefully I can stay on track the rest of the day! Since today is Christmas Eve I know there will be lots of food at dinner and family at my grandparents house. Every year my extended family goes to their house to celebrate. After dinner the kids preform some sort of talent and are awarded with a gift from under the tree. Now that I am 19 years old I no longer have to put on a show but I have to admit, I loved it growing up. 
This year Chris will be joining us for the first time! I am so blessed to have him in my life and be able to spend the holidays together, tomorrow we will have dinner with his family and in the morning I will visit my dad.

In previous years the Holidays were something I feared because of all the food and people around me, I was alone in my suffering, no one knew how terrified I was during the "most wonderful time of year" I look back on it now and still feel anxious but I know that I am a stronger person than who I was. I am able to eat mindfully, I have support from my family and I have Chris by my side. 


Because this was such a difficult time for me only a couple years ago I like to research tips and advice for having a healthy and happy holiday. The most helpful advice I can give would be to talk to someone and let the know if and why you are struggling, keep that person informed at all times and try to enjoy yourself! For more tips go to Casa Palmera  and The Renfrew Center they have great websites!  

Have a safe and Merry Christmas!
Do the Holidays stress you out? 

What are your plans for Christmas Eve?