Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Afternoon munch


Yesterday, I had to workout after 5:00 pm which wasn't too awful but I am one of those afternoon snackers. I have nothing against snacks I allow myself 2 snacks a day if I NEED it. Around 3:00 pm I found these in the kitchen.  Sweet and salty mixed nut blend a.k.a. my new addiction! They are so good but very high in calories so I had to eat in moderation which is something I am working on. I wasn't too hungry for dinner after munching on these nuts so I made a quick chicken and tomato sand which with a 1/2 cup of green machine juice.

Very boring meal but it works! 






                                                      
While I was in the kitchen I found this seasoning kit. It makes up to 2 1/2 pounds of chicken. I figured I'd try it out. With school coming up its very crucial I have meals made that I can take to school and heat up. I would never eat in the cafeteria. Its money I don't need to spend and unhealthy foods I do not need to consume.

For this recipe  you will need
1 package McCormick® Bag 'n Season® Chicken
2 1/2 pounds chicken parts
4 cups cut-up fresh vegetables, such as potatoes, green beans, onions and carrots*

PREHEAT oven to 350°F.  Arrange opened Cooking Bag in 13x9-inch baking pan or dish.  Sprinkle Seasoning Mix evenly over chicken.

PLACE chicken in single layer in Bag.  Add vegetables.* Sprinkle any remaining seasoning over chicken and vegetables. Close Bag loosely with nylon tie. Cut 4 small holes in top of Bag to allow steam to escape.

BAKE in lower half of oven 1 hour.* Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut open Bag. Serve chicken and vegetables with pan juices. If desired, serve with McCormick Chicken Gravy.
(ALL FOUND ON THE BACK OF THE KIT)
 -------------------------------------------------------~---------------------------------------------------------

 I love cooking now, so finding new ways to cook chicken is always something I am looking for, this recipe was simple, clean and delicious. (I had to try a piece!)

At the gym I did an hour of super setting arm workouts and some abs. I never remember exactly what I do in the gym I just wing it as I go. I also hopped on the rower (I'm feeling it this morning) and the elliptical.

This is my breakfast, not only does it taste great it takes me back to Jamaica. I ate this for breakfast every day at Chris' parents house. With every bite I feel like I'm back there, I love it! To make eggs in a bowl all you need to do is hard boil 2 eggs, and toast bread. Break up the bread into a bowl and add the eggs. Tada, Eggs in a Bowl!

What foods do you connect with special memories?

If you pack your lunch whats your favorite meal to take on the go?