Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Foodie Penpals!

Its time to share some exciting news, this month I was able to participate in Foodie Penpals thanks to Lindsay for putting it all together. I was paired up with Sarah at the beginning of the month  she sent me some awesome snacks! Are you all ready to see these treats that were sent to me! Here they are:
 Sarah wrote me a very nice note about the items she enclosed in the package, she told me she is a teacher and sometimes has to have quick snacks for lunch due to her busy schedule. I can relate 100% being a student myself I know what its like to have school and homework and having little time to fit in a meal. This Tupperware was filled with nuts and cereal like a trail mix, hence "school mix" 

I must confess, I ate this almost everyday for breakfast! Three sisters Graham Crackers= addicting as fugg. I scooped handfuls on a regular basis but hey it's a great product, all natural whole grain and delicious! 

 My favorite item was the nut butter, I love love love nut butter and this one was phenomenal. Like nothing I've ever had! Sarah thank you so much for this little jar of heaven ;)

The other items that were also delicious and nutritious were these yummy treats:

and 


 Thank you so much Sarah for introducing me to these new items, you're the best! 

Wanna join the fun, here's a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treatsThe spending limit is $15The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.

For more information check out Lindsays blog!  Email her at  theleangreenbean@gmail.com