Friday, January 6, 2012

MHS Volunteer

First day on the job! I was feeling a bit nervous but super excited to be in the physical therapy floor at the hospital, I had to be there by 8:00 so no gym just breakfast nd go.

 Oats, strawberries and some protein powder

Slice of toast 1/2 almond 1/2 peanut butter on top with flax

When I arrived at the hospital I met one of the senior physical therapist who showed me around the floor, I met others as well but she really showed me the ropes. I was then handed off to Hector, the man in charge of what I was to do. He had my deliver the schedules to the patients.. and then.. of course I LOST HIM!

I literally could not find him for a good 10 minutes I felt like an idiot just standing around so I reported back to the woman I met (totally forgot her name) and she had me un-staple.. is that even a word?

Well she had me un-staple nd recycle a stack of papers taller than me! My fingers felt like they were going to fall off but I eventually finished. I also observed the therapist in the gym and one even asked for my help! I'm so glad I started this, it will really help my career. 

For lunch they give you a $12 meal ticket to use in the cafeteria. I didn't think I'd like anything there but I was  getting hungry so I looked and found a salad bar! Yay!! Looks like I'm having salad for lunch on Fridays from now on. 


I had a pretty hefty lunch, lots of protein and greens but I was missing my carbs! When I got home I munched on some carbs which I'm not too happy about but whatever I'll live. As for the rest of the day I am resting from the gym (even though I hate rest days I need it), watching GREYS ANATOMY on DVR and finishing up my food pen pal package for Lynne ! 

What do you like to do on your rest days?