Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Morning Shopper

This morning I was extra tired I even slept in until 7:40,I had my usual egg white on toast breakfast and noticed the fridge looking rather empty. I figured a trip to publix overrides my plans to go to the gym. I didn't mind, since I wasn't really in the mood to go anyways! Here is what I bought:




I have a few tips when shopping in the grocery store:
  • Always write a shopping list so you don't over buy or forget anything.
  • Shop mainly between the first and last aiels everything in between is processed junk food.
  • Bring your own bags-go green!


  • Choose reduced sodium can foods.
  • Try something new every once in a while.


  • Buy in moderation so nothing spoils.
  • Frozen lean meats, not frozen meals.
The main reason I had to go to the store was for PROTEINS! I was down to 2 turkey burgers and some eggs and I was missing my meats! I also lucked out, the chicken breast was buy one get one free!


I also picked up something new; Dates! I've never had them before and I've seen many recipes with them so I'll give them a try. I love shopping in the morning, no long lines or busy aisles.

It was a great way to start my morning. Now I think I'll do some cooking and maybe a workout video before I have to get ready for school! Have a great hump day everyone!

How do you like to do your grocery shopping?
Does anyone have any ideas for what to do with my Dates?