Monday, January 16, 2012

Pilates

First of all, thank you all for the kind words about my run yesterday! I hope you all enjoyed MLK Day, I spent most of the day cooking my meals for the week. I finally found a protein bar recipe that taste good, and a quinoa cake recipe!

I love easy recipes with minimal ingredients and great taste. For these protein nut bars you will use more ingredients but they are so good.


  • 3 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 cup stevia
  • 2 cups greek 0% yogurt
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • 1/2 cup dates
  • 1 cup vanilla protein
  • Combine wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in another them mix together.Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes
The quinoa cakes were a little bit more difficult to get the right consistency. The recipe I found said to fry them on the stove top but I wanted to bake them. I had to flip them over half way through so both sides would be evenly cooked.


  • 2 cups of spinach & 1/2 onion (chop in food processor)
  • 4 ounces of goat cheese
  • 1 egg
  • olive oil 
  • 2 cups quinoa
  • Mix ingredients and roll into patties. Bake at 400 degree for 15-20 minutes. 



 After this I went to ELLENS PILATES! I took Ellen's class and I have to say I still don't know how I feel about it. The class was only an hour and I didn't know how to use the machine, Ellen didn't take the time to teach beginners so that really pissed me off. She kept shouting all these instructions that I didn't understand but luckily I was with my mom so she helped me out a lot.

The exercises were different from regular gym workouts that I'm use to so I like that I was changing it up and challenging my body. After I got the move down it really worked my core muscles. She also took the time to do some leg and arm HI IT circuits which I really liked.

Over all, I'm glad I went and tried something new! I've been wanting to try it out so at least now I know what its like!

While I was away Chris gave Candie a bath, I had to share this with you all! :)
My little rat girl haha
How do you feel about Pilate's and or group classes?