Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wish me luck!

Where has the day gone? I cant believe tomorrow is the day I've been waiting for! I will be able to say "I've ran a half marathon!" I am so excited, my family is also making the trip so for the first time in my running career I will have fans in the stands woohoo! 


This morning we drove down to Miami today to pick up my race package at the Miami Convention Center, they were also have an health and fitness expo. Tons of runner, and running accessories everywhere, it was a runner dream. Chris and I walked around but we were getting hungry so we didn't stay too long. 

The rest of the day seemed to have flown by, I took a nice long nap, woke up and prepared my supplies for tomorrow. I'm glad I took a nap since I will be driving at 3:00 am in the morning to get to the race. Hopefully traffic wont be too bad. That's probably my main concern, 25 thousand runners will all be trying to get there at the same time..yikes! 


I have all my running gear laid out on my sisters bed. One of the many perks of being the only child still living at home.. every room is my room hehe. 

Wish me luck, my goals for tomorrow are : enjoy myself, and finish around a 10 minute mile pace! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures for a later post!