Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bathroom Scale Confession & Pita Pizza

This morning I woke up in Forks (Twilight fans?) the weather could not look any sadder than it did, and still does look pretty dreary. I had a 4-5 mile run planned but I hate getting rained on while running, it seems like my shoes never get dry, I get sick and it is just not fun in any way shape or form.


Obviously the treadmill was the next alternative. Before my run I did some arm circuits, I was tempted to go into a class but I knew I had to get back into my running routine. So after an hour of arm and ab workouts I began my run. I ran at a 6.0 pace and included 3 1-minute sprints through out each 10-minute interval. I did this for 3 miles and really worked up a sweat. I was really tired at this point so I got off. I felt that my workout was enough and I could return later if I really wanted to get the other 2 miles in.

Reluctantly I stepped on the scale. I do this all the time so normally I just look at the number and get on with my day. Except recently I have been hating my scale for the lack of movement I'm seeing. Don't get me wrong I love that it's not going up but bummer its not going down either! I'm trying to limit my time with the scale to once a week but today I just couldn't resist and I was so upset..still no movement.

I hate being controlled by the scale, it's one of my many goals, hopefully by the end of the month I will be free of everyday weigh ins. Lets all pray haha.

Anyways, rewind to last night. I was so hungry after spending all day at school I needed something quick and easy for dinner but when I opened my fridge I had no meat ready to re-heat. Quickly I remembered my mom had bought turkey burgers that quickly defrost. I made the burgers, cooked a bag of frozen spinach and made pizza.

I made one for me and one for my mother, she's the one who gave me the genius idea to use a pita instead of one of those store bought pizza crusts. Thanks mom!


It came out pretty good if I do say so myself, and it took my no more than 15 minutes!

What is your relationship with the scale like?

Have you ever made a pita bread pizza before?